January 2018

• 01.03.18 09:30am last update

Jul 16 2004

Terror in the Skies, Again?

If the liberals had their way, they'd eliminate the middleman and have us slit our own throats. This article from Womens Wall Street (Terror in the Skies, Again?) by Annie Jacobsen is an incredibly disturbing must-read for anyone who flies often or who simply cares about our country and the war against terrorism we are fighting.

Jacobsen recounts a white-knuckle flight from Detroit to Los Angeles, that she and her husband shared with a group of about 15 Middle Eastern men (turned out to be Syrians) who were almost certainly (judging from her vivid description) conducting a dry run for a repeat of September 11, with teams of hijackers prepared for passenger resistance.

Conventional wisdom post-9/11 says that airline passengers will fight back and overcome any hijack attempt. But what if passengers are faced with a highly organized team of 15-20 hijackers, with unconventional and undetectable weapons, conditioned by a lifetime of indoctrination to commit mind-wrenchingly savage acts of violence? And what if our government is still too hobbled by political correctness to recognize threats in time to deal with them--before the hijackers board the plane?

But you already knew this because the national media reported the story so heavily. Unfortunately, the national media will not report anything negative about Arabs out of fear of stereotyping regardless of how important the story. Like reporting black hate crimes or homosexual rape or pedophilia, you will not hear it in the national news (unless it involves a priest since the media's desire to attack churches and religion trumps their protection of homosexuals).

So, lest we forget--we are not being terrorized by elderly blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Christian women from Iceland. We know the enemy, but we're too damn smug in our moral superiority and to willing to kowtow to special interest groups to use the information in a rational intelligent manner to our advantage.

031terrorists.jpg Posted by Don |

Jane said on July 17, 2004 | Reply

I think you just need to chill out. The liberals aren't the enemy. I just don't get why you have to hate democrats and why its always "us vs. them" Why do you have to hate anyone?

Don said on July 17, 2004 | Reply

You are probably correct, I should chill out. However, what emotion should I posses for individuals that I believe put people's feelings and bizarrely twisted notions of the Constitution and political correctness ahead of national security and people's lives?

I'm a tall blond hair, blue eyed Christian from the United States. If 19 people with that exact same description as me had bombed the World Trade Center in 1993; bombed the Khobar Towers barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia in 1996; bombed American embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, in 1998; bombed the USS Cole in 2000; committed the indescribable acts of 9/11 in 2001; bombing of housing compound for Westerners in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 2003; and, continue to commit acts of terror against American citizens here and abroad (not to mention other bombings in Karachi, Pakistan in 2002; Bali, Indonesia, in 2002; Jakarta, Indonesia in 2003; and Madrid, Spain in 2004), I would willingly stand in the line especially for people like me so that I could be subjected to extra security because doing that simply makes sense.

Anybody, who prevents such actions puts my life, your life and our families� lives in very real danger. What am I supposed to feel towards such people? Disgust? Anger? Hate?

Jane said on July 18, 2004 | Reply

This is Jane with a new email.

Look I don't want to argue with you, I think those terrorists are complete savages. Beheading? That's so 16th Century, I can't believe human beings would do that to another person.

Are their hearts made of stone? How could they do that to another person? My heart goes out to the victims' families. I just don't know what's going on with humanity. I want justice, not hate.

btw, I'm a democrat but please don't hate me. I don't agree with everything the democrats believe, do, and say, among other things. btw, I'm Caucasian & Christian too. Take care.

Don said on July 18, 2004 | Reply

Jane, we probably agree on more things than we disagree on. I don't hate you, nor do I hate most democrats or liberals. I reserve that emotion for the terrorists and those few home grown extremists who facilitate the terrorists� activities and unreasonably frustrate our efforts to stop them.

I too want justice, but unfortunately, when it comes to the subject of terrorists, my desire for justice comes along with a side helping of hate. If I were a better Christian, maybe I'd just want justice, so I'll add this to my long list of failings.

BTW, I don't really care if you�re Christian or Caucasian, as that is absolutely not how I judge people. As the comments on my blog show, I mock and chastise those people with double standards who do take such things into consideration.

Stentor said on July 24, 2004 | Reply

Sounds to me like she needs meds for hysteria, or avoid air travel entirely. She was in danger of causing a larger problem by her actions than the presence of the musicians themselves presented.

AIR MARSHALS SAY PASSENGER OVERREACTED
    By ERIC LEONARD
    KFI NEWS

LOS ANGELES | July 22, 2004 - Undercover federal air marshals on board a June 29 Northwest airlines flight from Detroit to LAX identified themselves after a passenger, "overreacted," to a group of middle-eastern men on board, federal officials and sources have told KFI NEWS.

The passenger, later identified as Annie Jacobsen, was in danger of panicking other passengers and creating a larger problem on the plane, according to a source close to the secretive federal protective service.

Jacobsen, a self-described freelance writer, has published two stories about her experience at womenswallstreet.com, a business advice web site designed for women.

"The lady was overreacting," said the source. "A flight attendant was told to tell the passenger to calm down; that there were air marshals on the plane."

Don said on July 24, 2004 | Reply

From the reports I've read, most of the plane "overreacted." The nature of the reaction can only be determined in hindsight. So, I'm very glad it turned out that they all overreacted. However, we just as easily could be reading an article about the same situation involving a hijacked/crashed/exploded plane and wondering, why didn't they react more and sooner. Considering what's at stake, isn't it better to overreact than under-react?

If the flight attendant was only trying to quite the crazy woman, why then did this happen: "About 20 minutes later the same flight attendant returned. Leaning over and whispering, she asked my husband to write a description of the yellow-shirted man sitting across from us. She explained it would look too suspicious if she wrote the information. She asked my husband to slip the note to her when he was done. Sounds like the trained and experienced crew were also overacting.

You first quote says she overreacted to the middle-eastern men. That is only half the story. She reacted to the men and their still inexplicable behavior. Further, when the captain announced that they were ready for landing and the fasten seatbelt light came on this happened: "Suddenly, seven of the men stood up -- in unison -- and walked to the front and back lavatories."

When I read the article, I imagined myself standing up and yelling to them to sit the f**k down and that their little meetings could continue once we all land in one piece. I'm 6'5", 215", and never been fond of being in an airplane where people are assembling bombs in the lavatories. I imagine there would have been some commotion and I might/probably have been arrested later. But, I'd sleep much better knowing that I had done the right thing, based on what little information I had. Also, I'd sleep better knowing that I'd sent a message to real terrorist (assuming these guys aren't terrorists), that Americans will no longer sit idly by while they carry out their plans aboard our aircraft. Unfortunately, we sent the message that we are sheep and maybe we have air marshals aboard�maybe not.

Stentor said on July 24, 2004 | Reply

Hey, those guys did the same thing I would have done if I had a full bladder, they raced to go to the bathroom before the plane landed, and they got stuck in baggage claim which very rarely has bathrooms nearby. It's not as if it was some unconscious signal, it was an obvious signal. Just because the fasten seatbelt sign comes on, it is not an absolute that you have to stay in your seat. I've gotten up many times to go to the bathroom when that sign was lit. Over-reacting is what causes accidents in the first place. It's not your job, nor mine to tell those guys what to do, it's the flight attendants. If they gave them any trouble, I wouldn't hesitate to offer to escort them back to their seats if no one else did.

Don said on July 25, 2004 | Reply

If they hadn't all been previously meeting up in the bathrooms, you would be absolutely right. However, given their prior bladder emptying opportunities, their unison potty trip at the end would have been the last straw for me...or so I'd like to think.