June 2017
        1 2 3

• 06.30.17 01:35am last update

Aug 2 2006

Sgt. Rafael Peralta Documentary on the History Channel

477-history-channel.pngI was contacted today by a representative of the History Channel who is doing research for an upcoming one hour documentary honoring the valor of Sgt. Rafael Peralta. Filming is expected to start in a few week with airing an unknown time thereafter.

I was contacted because of the terrific response I've had to one of my posts about Sgt. Rafael Peralta. I exchanged a dozen emails and had a half-hour telephone conversation with the representative and was able to supply her with quite a bit of information she did not have previously.

124rafaelperalta.jpgThe representative agreed to let me post her name and contact information so that any friends or family members of Sgt. Peralta could contact her. If you knew Sgt. Peralta before he gave his life for our country and you are reading this during the month of August 2006 and you would like to contribute video footage, pictures or stories to the documentary, please contact:

Allison Wurthmann
(212) 210-1400, ext. 5343
Allison.Wurthmann-at-aetn.com

Jeff Frady said on August 3, 2006 | Reply

Awesome! I watch History Channel daily.

Allison Wurthmann said on August 4, 2006 | Reply

Don -- Thank so much for the post! I look forward to hearing from Sgt. Peralta's friends and family.

Mark S. Sebby said on November 16, 2006 | Reply

My son, LCP Steve Sebby served with the 1/3 Marines during the Battle of Fallujah and was in that house and ensuing fire fight the day Sgt Peralta sacrificed his life and saved those with him which included my son. Sebby was a combat videographer attached to the group and has been contacted by the History Channel to provide detail into the events that took place on that day. May God bless the memory of Sgt Rafael Peralta.

MICHAEL HOUNSHELL said on December 4, 2006 | Reply

My name is GySgt Hounshell and Sgt Peralta worked for me when he was stationed on MCRD San Diego, prior to being assigned to 1/3. He was a tremendous Marine and definetly all the stories you hear about what he has done and did is no surprise to me or anyone that knows him. He was truely dedicated to the beliefs we all go out and fight for on a daily basis. Semper Fi Sgt Peralta.

Terri M said on January 1, 2007 | Reply

Is this Michael Hounshell from Ohio?

michael hounshell said on January 8, 2007 | Reply

yes terri m it is

tony hernandez said on February 13, 2007 | Reply

hola saludos, yo soy tony hernandes voz y guitarra ademas de compocitor de la agrupacion de el gran silencio hoy mismo estoy afinando detalles para un tema que espero llene un poco lo que senti al ver los avances del documental sobre el sgt Peralta,y digo un poco porque creo que la historia sobre el sargento es demasiadamente grande para poder expresarlo en un tema musical, es una historia verdaderamente fuerte y ala ves maravillosa no sabria explicar bien si el orgullo que tengo por un hombre tan fiel a las causas o la perdida de ese mismo gran hombre que se perdio en una causa que tal vez no entendamos, caray es algo que me deja con la mente dando vueltas en reflecciones diarias saludos ala familia peralta y espero que mi tema sea de su agrado paz y amor para ustedes.

Don said on February 14, 2007 | Reply

As best I can tell, Tony Hernandez is working on a theme song for the the Sgt. Peralta documentary. At least that is what can extract from a computerized translation service:

hello greetings, I I am tony hernandes voice and guitar ademas of compocitor of the agrupacion of the great silence this very day I am tuning up details for a theme that expect fill a little what senti al to see the advances of the documentary one on the sgt Banks, and I say a little because I believe that the history on the sergeant is demasiadamente large to be able to express it in a musical theme, is a history and wing you see marvelous not sabria to explain well if the pride that consider a so faithful man to the causes or the loss of that same one great man that itself perdio in a cause that perhaps do not we understand, caray is something that leaves me with the mind giving returns in reflecciones daily family wing greetings banks and I expect that my theme be of its I please peace and love for You.

Can a bilingual reader please provide a better translation. Thank you.

Tanja Murdock said on March 15, 2007 | Reply

My husband is GySgt. Jacob Murdock and he was Sgt. Peralta's PLT Commander in Fallujah. He always talks SO highly of him and goes to see him. He is also going to be in the documentary. Someone from the History Channel called me yesterday and told me the time and date. It is set to air on May 19 at 7 pm EST. Unfortunately, Jake is in Iraq so he won't get to see it when it airs. But I'm going to get a copy and send it to him. God bless Sgt. Peralta and his family!!!

Mark Ceccarelli said on May 15, 2007 | Reply

L/Cpl Adam Morrison was also on Sgt. Peralta's fireteam that day and carries shrapnel from the grenade in his body. Because of Rafael Peralta's heroism, selflessness and sacrifice, SGT Adam Morrison is alive and leading Marines in his 3rd combat tour in Iraq.

Semper fi and rest easy, Marine.

Blanca Diaz-Houle said on May 19, 2007 | Reply

I grew up in Tijuana like Rafa. I read an article about his bravery in a periodico. He could have been the kid down my cobbled dirt street in TJ, and he was the man protecting the lives of many in our new country. He could have been my brother, but he is my soul brother. Gracias por tu sacrificio!

John Peralta said on July 31, 2007 | Reply

God Bless his soul. The Peralta Family will always keep owr greatness reputation, since from our ancestors. I have no relations with Sgt. Peralta , but he is of the same decendance I am and although , his death grieves me, not only as one soldier to another, but plainly being the death of someone , happy to know that our name is still strong.

My Greatest Condolances for The Peralta Family of this Brave Soldier,

John M. Peralta

Poe said on April 7, 2008 | Reply

I was with Sgt Peralta with 1/3 in Falujah. I'm home on leave and I just need the family's address to go thank them personally for giving the world such a fine person that end up saving so many lives.

Poe

Richard Garay said on September 22, 2008 | Reply

My name is Richard Garay. Ive been in the Marines for about 8 years and some change now. I know im a little late for this but i didnt find out that i had lost a good friend until about a week ago... for whoever is still reading about Sgt. Rafael Peralta this message is for you. I knew Sgt. Peralta in bootcamp way back in the year 2000. We were young men with big plans for our future. Family was number #1 on our list and this is why Sgt. Peralta was still special to me before he gave the ultimate sacrifice. I spent lots of time with Sgt. Peralta during bootcamp, talking about family, friends, and things we were gonna do when we graduated. We were good friends... He will never be forgotten. Sgt. Peralta... Semper Fi Brother. God bless you and your family always.